Today I uploaded two more lessons into the S-Cubed AI Coach, which means I’m getting very close to the end of the uploading process.
And I have to admit—I’m getting excited.
October 6 is starting to feel very real. I'm going to do an "Ask Mr. D" session on it sometime before or on the day of the release. I haven't done one of those in a LONG time. Stay tuned for details. Make sure you are on my email list so you don't miss it. Write "Subscribe" in the subject line, and I'll add you! Email inthemiddlewithmrd@gmail.com
As I’ve been building this coach, I keep thinking about two groups of teachers.
The first group is made up of teachers who have heard about S-Cubed, seen other teachers talking about it, read the reviews, maybe even watched some of my videos—but haven’t taken the leap yet.
The second group may be even more important to me.
They’re the teachers who already own S-Cubed.
They bought it because they wanted something different for their students. They started it. They may have even seen glimpses of what it could do.
But somewhere along the way, they stopped.
And I understand why.
S-Cubed asks you to trust a process that probably doesn't look like the way you learned music.
That’s a big deal.
Most of us were taught music in a very particular way. We were given explanations. We were taught terminology. We learned rules. We practiced skills.
S-Cubed often turns that process around.
Students experience things before they completely understand them.
They play games.
They make mistakes.
They laugh.
They listen.
They discover patterns.
And little by little, the pieces begin connecting.
For a teacher experiencing S-Cubed for the first time, there can be a voice in your head saying:
“Am I really supposed to do it this way?”
That's exactly where I want the S-Cubed AI Coach to help.
I don't want AI to replace the teacher. I want it to support the teacher.
This is an important distinction for me.
The magic of S-Cubed has never been technology.
It's you.
It's the relationship you build with your students. It's the environment you create in your classroom. It's the way you encourage them to take risks, make mistakes, and keep trying.
The AI Coach isn't there to do that job.
It's there to stand beside you while you do it.
Imagine finishing Lesson 3 and wondering:
Did I do that correctly?
Or perhaps your students reacted differently than you expected.
Maybe you aren't sure whether you should move on tomorrow.
Maybe something in the lesson doesn't make sense yet.
Maybe you simply need someone to remind you:
Trust the process. You're exactly where you're supposed to be.
That's what I'm building.
The first 10 lessons are the key.
My biggest goal with this first version of the S-Cubed AI Coach is very simple:
Help teachers successfully get through the first 10 lessons.
Each day, I want the Coach to help you understand what you're doing, why you're doing it, and what to watch for.
And when you have a question?
Ask it.
That's the part that excites me most.
You won't have to wonder whether you're interpreting something correctly or search through materials in hopes of finding an answer.
The Coach will be there to help you work through it.
Because I believe something important happens when a teacher gets through those first 10 lessons.
You begin to understand the flow.
You start trusting it.
Your students start understanding the expectations.
The games begin making more sense.
And, most importantly...
you start seeing and hearing the incredible results you've heard and read about.
That's when I think you'll want to keep going.
Not because an AI Coach tells you to.
Because your students will tell you—with what they're now confidently able to do.
And before long, I hope you'll find yourself wanting to take them all the way through Level One.
Thousands of teachers have already trusted this process.
That's something I don't say lightly.
S-Cubed has been used by teachers for 13 years, and there are hundreds of reviews on Teachers Pay Teachers and testimonials on my blog from teachers who took the leap.
They trusted a process that initially may have felt unfamiliar.
And many of them watched their classrooms transform.
Their students became more independent.
They became more confident.
They started reading music in ways their teachers weren't sure were possible.
Those teachers didn't have an AI Coach walking beside them.
Now you will.
And if you bought S-Cubed years ago but never made it very far, I'm especially talking to you.
Pull it back out.
This time, I want to help you get through those first 10 lessons.
You already made the investment.
Let's finally help you experience what all those other teachers have been talking about.
And if AI makes you nervous...
I understand.
I've spent most of my professional life creating, teaching, and connecting with real human beings. I don't want technology replacing the things that make teaching human.
That's why I'm approaching AI differently.
I'm asking:
How can this technology help a teacher feel MORE supported—not less human?
How can it take something I've learned through decades of teaching S-Cubed and make that support available when I'm not standing beside you?
How can it help a teacher at 7:00 Tuesday morning who's thinking, “Okay, Dale...what am I supposed to do today?”
That's the AI I am interested in.
Not replacing you.
Supporting you.
October 6.
We're getting closer.
Two more lessons went into the Coach today.
Soon I'll finish uploading.
Then comes the really exciting part—seeing how all of this works together and getting it ready for teachers to use.
Whether you're discovering S-Cubed for the first time or you've had it sitting in your Teachers Pay Teachers library waiting for another try, I hope you'll join me.
You don't have to figure it all out on the first day.
You don't even have to completely trust the process yet.
Just give me 10 lessons.
Let the Coach walk beside you.
Let your students experience it.
Then listen to what happens in your classroom.
Hundreds of teachers have already made that leap.
You could be one of them.
The S-Cubed AI Coach arrives October 6.

No comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave your comments and feedback!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel filled with Sight Singing Teacher Tips and Teaching Examples that Include me working with my beginners!
Click this link to see my program "How to Teach Sight Singing to Middle School Beginners. S-Cubed! Successful Sight Singing for Middle School Teachers and their Students
Thanks!
Dale
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.