2.5 weeks until I start school during Covid-19-A Chorus Teacher's Lament

Here is what I’m doing as I wrap my brain around what is about to happen when teachers return with students in person...

First and foremost, it’s about the comfort of the 11-14 year olds we teach.  We are the adults and they don’t care what the district said or who is president.  

I want to sing, and so do they.   What does that look like?   

Masks?   Distanced.  Muffled...fine.  Let’s go.  

Don’t listen to rumor.  It doesn’t matter.  We learned that in middle school. 

State directives matter.  So listen.  

How your district interprets those...if allowed....that matters too.  

And in my state, principals get some leeway.  

So I’ll listen and guide if allowed.  

That’s my two bits for today!  

And take it for that...two bits.   :-)


1 comment

  1. 2.5 weeks? Holy Cow! Do you get a vacation at all? FYI- my district is using face shields in the choir classrooms. Mine have arrived.... I am still trying to figure out how to store them all in a sanitary way......I *think* I have enough slots for all the students. If not, I may have to resort to plastic zip lock bags or something.......they definitely can't take them- they're definitely not that sturdy.

    Thank you for all the hard work on the distance learning plans. I'm a new teacher (starting my second first year....) and I'm enrolled in a graduate program full time.....so these lessons are a huge help for me.

    Thanks again,
    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete